Friday, February 24, 2012

#001: Deathly Hallows Jewelry Box



"Deathly Hallows Jewelry Box" -- Created February 2012 -- Status:  Gifted


It's a small jewelry box with a hidden compartment!  Harry Potter fans will identify the film's influence on this piece's design.  Those who unlock its SECRETS are granted access to a super secret compartment.

This container was built using oak hardwood and plywood, stained in dark ebony and a lighter "Harvest Oak". I was hoping for a very natural look, and the stain combo reminds me of dark tree bark and exposed wood.


I'm a new fan of stains.  They really bring out the natural beauty of the wood grain, and provide for more variation within the piece.  I also realized how much I am in need of precision cutting tools.  A lumber handsaw is the wrong tool for precision cutting...

If you're here and not me, then I'm assuming I know you.  If you want a customized box, let me know.  We can do a similar design with a new top, or something totally different.  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, how much would you sell one for? And what would you charge for postage to England?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, are you still making these boxes?

    ReplyDelete